Project Manager (Construction) in Columbia, MD
Our Project MEP Divisions provide mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering services for existing and new buildings to Architects, Owners, Property Managers and the construction industry with a focus on supporting the architectural industry. We provide corrective design services for building deficiencies, as well as construction support services to ensure proper implementation.
We are seeking a highly qualified individual to manage an MEP Engineering Division serving the Maryland, Washington DC and Northern Virginia region.
• Accredited mechanical, electrical or architectural engineering degree
• Professional Engineering license
• Minimum ten years experience in an MEP environment
• Proficiency in mechanical or electrical design; preferably both
• Strong knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection disciplines
• Knowledge of architecture and structural engineering disciplines
• AutoCAD required; BIM preferred
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong marketing and business development skills
• Manage a staff of MEP professionals, including annual performance reviews
• Manage MEP design projects including coordination between disciplines
• Perform engineering designs for one or more discipline
• Perform engineering evaluations and studies
• Perform construction cost estimating
• Perform quality control review of designs prepared by others
• Provide mentoring and training to junior engineering staff
• Prepare qualifications for engineering services
• Prepare proposals for engineering services, including fee proposals
• Participate in membership with trade organizations; attend marketing and business development meetings and events, etc.
• Manage project budgets
• Manage employee utilization
• Responsible for the profitability of the division
• Develop strategic plans consistent with the firm goals
• Represent the Division for corporate level meetings, correspondence, etc.
Send resume to email@example.com