This position provides Integrated Project Management (IPM) analysis of contractors EVM and schedule reports to Naval Aviation acquisition programs. Candidates with demonstrated analytical skills and extroverted personalities who like to solve problems are sought. This is a full time position with on-site work required in Patuxent River, Maryland.
Note: US citizenship and either an active clearance or the ability to immediately obtain an Interim Secret is required. If you are a US citizen and clearable, this is a great opportunity to be sponsored for your clearance!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide recurring independent analysis, assessment and risk identification of contractor and/or government projects.
- Facilitate and participate in EVM related processes such as the Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) and Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA) processes.
- Use information from reports, meetings, IPT/contractor input, and probabilistic methods to assess project performance, evaluate trends, and make projections of final costs and key dates.
- Participate and provide input into Program Management Reviews (PMR), IPT meetings, and other program-related events.
- Conduct schedule analysis using methods like critical path and Defense Contract Management Agency’s (DCMA) 14-Point Schedule Health Assessment.
- Support efforts to improve organizational performance such as training, process development, and knowledge capture.
- Evaluate contractor’s management control systems for compliance with EVM Guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or a related field.
- Five (5) years of professional work experience providing thorough analytical support as a Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Scheduler, Earned Value Management Analyst or Financial Analyst at the Program/Project management level; PMO level support experience is a big plus;
- Five (5) additional years of relevant experience will be considered equivalent to/in place of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Primavera, or Deltek Scheduling tools, with advanced MS Excel (formulas, macros, charts) and MS PowerPoint capabilities;
- Experience using wInsight;
- Demonstrated experience in collecting various forms of information and producing reports, summaries, and presentations to support conclusions and / or recommendations.
- Ability to establish rapport, gain an understanding of a customer needs, and to help influence decision makers via strong data analysis and reporting.
- An active Secret clearance or the ability to immediately obtain one is required.
- Occasional travel within the continental United States should be expected.