The Facility Designer is an essential, valued member of our client’s staff directly responsible for developing a major portion of our project deliverables. This person is a self-motivated, creative, and innovative individual, showing an ability to be a team player in a small but mighty multi-office A/E firm with team members across all four time zones.
The Facility Designer reports to the Region Manager or Facility Design Manager. Some travel to client sites or other offices is required.
Academic / Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in architecture, mechanical engineering or related
· 2 to 5 years’ experience in industrial design, facility planning, equipment layout, building mechanical or plumbing design, or work flow analysis
· Command of Revit and AutoCAD, and knowledge of SketchUp
· Command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project)
· Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to hand draw conceptual site and building plans
· Exceptional level of accuracy and detail
Tasks / Duties
· Facility programming, report writing, site master planning, developing specifications and construction documents
· Selection, coordination and layout of various aspects of design (vehicle maintenance equipment, site flow, etc.)
· Creating / using Building Information Modeling (BIM) to complete different levels of documents
· Submittal, shop drawing, and RFI review
· Conduct construction field observations