1. Position Overview
Plan, regulate, and/or coordinate the activities of the purchasing department, including supplemental purchasing clerks, and related workers involved in purchasing materials, products, and services. Support estimation, engineering and production staff for price and availability of procured items required to secure, produce or supply contract and/or inventory items. Evaluate proposed purchases and suppliers in order to bid or negotiate requisitions and supply contracts. Generate required purchase orders and follow through of orders to satisfy supply requirements. Evaluate performance of program against established metrics for procurement and entities involved.
• Implementation and maintenance of ICS compliant procedures for purchasing functions with
emphasis on documented vendor negotiations and interactions.
• Ensure that procured materials and services are realized at best possible cost, delivered
problem free and as scheduled.
• Create and maintain program to qualify and evaluate/rate performance of suppliers and
vendors, enact cost savings programs, and provide an established multi-source supplier
• Engage standard purchasing Terms & Conditions that protect and benefit the company.
• Minimize lead times for critical path components and establish best practicies for shipping
• Transparency of all purchasing functions and communications.
• Synchronization with material and resource planners to ensure zero downtime in production
and just in time deliveries.
• Full procurement compliance with company quality management, engineering, production,
and accounting requirements.
• Qualify suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors and establish network of reliable sources.
• Transfer requests from engineering and production to suppliers and vendors for quotation,
negotiate price and delivery, and issue purchase orders.
• Input and maintain all purchase orders including changes and upkeep vendor, supplier, and
subcontractor information in company ERP system.
• Track order and delivery progress and communicate any concerns or delays to related
• Establish term, or quantity, pricing and delivery contracts with strategic vendors and
• Act as liaison between engineers and vendors and suppliers to discuss and determine
material and manufacturing advances, new product development, and cost efficiencies.
• Coordinate return of excessive order, unnecessary, or damaged parts for replacement,
repair, or credit.
• Generate activity and performance reports to analyze success of procurement program.
• Support activities for internal and/or external audit requirements.
• Company directed trainings and education.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Self-directed with oversight of any supplemental purchasing
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Associate degree in business, finance or equivalent experience in material purchasing.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Strong mathematical, excellent communication and advanced problem solving skills.
• People, organizational and time management skills.
• Knowledge of fundamentals of corporate finance and material management.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Purchasing or 5+ years as a procurement
• ERP system applications, in particular ERP database 6.n and 8.n by Epicor.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering principals.
• General understanding of Industrial Manufacturing, Inventory and Quality Processes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations are possible to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee usually is working in an office/desk environment. The employee has access to the production floor, which includes moving
mechanical parts and machinery used in fabrication of control room systems.