Skills & Qualifications include leading and directing the Company’s efforts to:
1) Position the company to win.
2) Design, develop, and deliver the winning proposal for a given customer’s solicitation/RFP.
3) Provides pre-sales support and B&P planning, management, and control.
4) Ability to discuss and debate on strategic and financial issues.
5) Exceptional interpersonal skills so as to conduct meetings with clients and other employees of the company.
6) A strong personality to enforce duties and delegate business development work.
7) Must possess excellent managerial skills and knowledge of the market in order to become a business development officer.
8) Assists the capture team with teaming strategy and teaming agreement negotiation.
9) Develops, presents, and executes Win Strategy for new and follow-on contract bids.
10) Executes critical steps related to business development life-cycle (Steps 0 through full closure).
11) Coordinates support (Contracts, HR, Proposal Team, Pricing, Purchasing and Facilities).
12) Responsible for mentoring and coaching Program Managers assigned to serve the role of Capture Manager for selected follow-on and new business opportunities.
13) Coordinates with the Corporate Growth lead to prepare and conduct initial assessment of pipeline opportunities.
14) Coordinates with Operations Managers to identify and assign Capture Manager role.
15) Coordinates with Business Development, Operations, and the Executive Management to establish funding for pre-bid, B&P, and with Program Managers for post-bid follow-up activity.
Educational Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree in IT or engineering preferred and a Master’s degree in business management, marketing, finance or accounting is desirable.