Under the general direction of engineering management, responsible for the design, analysis and troubleshooting of company products and/or components. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Design, develop, repair and perform basic to moderately complex analysis of fuzing products and/or components. May involve preparation of drawings; cost estimates, basic design concepts that include repair and evaluation of material discrepancies relative to the final design concept. Develop detailed information for the definition and procurement of the required components. Prepare design layout, assist in analysis and interpret engineering concept layout of developed devices. Examine product designs for application, material research and typical design considerations.
- Create, validate and verify designs from customer high-level system or internal product requirements. Perform a variety of mathematical analyses. Select concept designs and perform systems analyses using commercial analytical software.
- Collaborate with project teams providing input to the overall design, participating in design reviews and assisting in qualification, reliability and product acceptance tests.
- Participate in formal reviews such as Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR) and Critical Design Reviews (CDR). Prepare presentations for submission to customers and internal management. Publish technical reports.
- Provide support to new business proposal efforts and to direct technical personnel. Support will consist of specific technical input in accordance with the design concepts/details proposed and cost estimates
- Apply principles and techniques of engineering to accomplish goals. May use computer-assisted engineering and design software tools and equipment to perform assignments.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with internal/external customers to facilitate problem identification/resolution. Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, on design and/or repair concepts throughout a diverse subject matter as well as with company employees and customers.
- Guide and assist lower level engineers. Have ability to obtain/maintain security clearance. Ability to work and interface effectively as part of a team. Maintain records, data and other pertinent information. Research a variety of technical information and historical background data as required.
I’m looking for analog expertise, recent troubleshooting to a component level, how he approached & solved the problem and the candidate’s writing & presentation skills in front of a customer or management.