• Administers bidding process and contracts for vendor performance/compliance (e.g. prepare specifications, evaluate bids, recommend vendors, etc.) for the purpose of securing items and/or services within budget and in compliance with FAR, DFAR and other FAR supplements and/or State regulations.
• Assists staff and vendors (e.g. ordering and purchasing procedures, available funds, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and facilitating purchasing process.
• Attends meetings as assigned (e.g. staff, vendors, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
• Compiles data from a wide variety of sources (e.g. bill of material (BOM), request for proposals, bids, invoices, purchase orders, etc.) for the purpose of analyzing issues, ensuring compliance with a variety of policies and procedures, and/or monitoring program components.
• Contacts vendors for the purpose of verifying information and/or responding to inquiries.
• Distributes purchase orders, vendor information, outstanding order log, etc. for the purpose of providing reference documents for completing purchasing process.
• Evaluates documentation (e.g. purchase requisitions, change orders, bids, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper use of funds in the acquisition of supplies, equipment and/or services.
• Maintains documents, files and records (e.g. BOM, bids, purchase orders, vender files, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
• Monitors purchase orders, contracts, bids and budgetary expenditures; expedites delivery for the purpose of ensuring accurate allocation of funds and/or adherence to special requirements/instructions.
• Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. weekly orders, memos, specifications, quotations, schedules, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
• Processes documents and materials (e.g. bids, incoming purchase requisitions, purchase orders etc.) for the purpose of distributing information and/or acquiring resources to support company operation in conformance with established guidelines.
• Researches a variety of items (e.g. contracts, suppliers, equipment and laws, regulations, etc.) for the purpose of recommending purchases, contracts and maintaining companywide services.
• Responds to inquiries for the purpose of resolving issues or referring to appropriate parties.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods; providing information and/or advising others; and monitoring budget expenditures. Utilization of resources from other work units may be required to
perform the job's functions.
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
• Minimum 3-years of significant demonstrated professional experience understanding and applying knowledge of federal procurement requirements and related purchasing experience
• Strong analytical and training skills and experience
Experience in working within the DoD and CHESS Suites
• A DoD Security clearance