• This position will be part of a team responsible for testing processing software.
• Assistance with writing over 2,000 functional test cases from analyzing business requirements and other project documentation.
• Preparing test data and the test environment.
• Updating existing test scripts and documenting other testing efforts.
• Assistance with executing functional, regression, end to end, contingency and re-testing defect fixes.
• Analyze business requirements, specifications, user documentation and other project documentation to assure quality of the products and tests to be developed
• Executes, documents, tracks and manages testing results and application defects to ensure the quality of the software application code.
• Ensures that new and existing applications and services meet standards and business requirements by working closely with Business Analysts, software development, and production support and proactively communicates with team members and management.
· Hands on experience testing highly complex software applications crossing multiple platforms and diverse technologies, as well as customer service and technical problem identification/resolution for mainframe and distributed applications.
· Superlative interpersonal and communication skills, and be an effective team player.
· Experience with Control M Job Scheduling.
· Experience with automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Silk, Empirix, JRunner, etc.)
· Experience resolving complex system problems in a team setting, including evaluation of options to determine optimal solution.
· Experience working in complex multi-platform environments.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
· Strong conflict resolution skills using a win/win approach.
· Communicates proactively in a project environment with colleagues and management on a wide variety of project issues. Key skills include issue identification and resolution, status updating, and analyzing and reporting on alternative design solutions.
· Experience with ALM HP QC and JIRA.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· At least 6 years experience testing highly complex software applications crossing multiple platforms and diverse technologies, as well as customer service and technical problem identification/resolution for mainframe and distributed applications.
· Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and experience in different development methodologies like agile, scrum and waterfall.
· Collaborative and interpersonal skills are essential. Banking and experience preferred.