The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, planning, scheduling and implementing Cisco VTC infrastructure solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Facilitates the integration of new systems, upgrade/modernization of existing systems and evaluation of new technologies for integration into the client’s current infrastructure
• Intimate knowledge of all aspects of VTC infrastructure, including installation, configuration, and maintenance of Cisco MSE 8000 bridges, and Cisco VCS-Control and VCS-Expressway equipment
• Intimate knowledge of Cisco and Polycom endpoints (CODECs) in IP & ISDN Network environments
• Coordinates all aspects of the projects with other IT related entities such as Information Security, Physical Security, Facilities, etc.
• Proven knowledge of video conferencing hardware and ITU standards (i.e. H.320, H.323, H.264, SIP, TCP/IP, Polycom, Cisco/Tandberg,
• Performs studies, system evaluations and complex problem resolutions on existing systems
• Reviews new technologies in information systems to evaluate their application to the mission of the client
• Demonstrates knowledge of network systems that benefit in troubleshooting of VTC services.
• Provides direct support in the day-to-day operations on Cisco VTC hardware and operating systems; duties include evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems
• Participates in planning design, technical review and implementation for new network infrastructure hardware and network operating systems for voice and data communication networks
• Maintains network infrastructure standards
• Provides technical consultation, training and support to staff
• Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment
• Works well under general supervision
• Promotes a team environment with a positive attitude
• Other duties as assigned
Employee may be subject to a Department of Defense background security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Four (4) year experience in integration and configuration of Cisco VTC infrastructure and Codecs
• Proficiency with computer based applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Lotus Notes and/or Outlook).
• Four (4) to seven (7) year experience with hardware and software installation and maintenance, in a LAN-WAN environment
• Working knowledge of VTC communications protocols, such as SIP and H.323.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience
• Cisco Certified Network Professional