DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Rack construction, pulling cable, and preparing equipment for installation
• Installation of completed racks, projectors, monitors and related submounts.
• Assists with testing of system components to assure system completeness and convention.
• Uses company approved installation methods and techniques.
• Ensures all work complies with company policies, procedures, standards and conventions.
• Assures each system’s physical completeness is in accordance with installation drawings.
• Maintain an on-going dialog with Lead Installation Technician and Project Manager, ensuring that work quality, performance, and materials meet required schedules and expectations.
• The Installation Technician is responsible for maintaining his assigned equipment inventory, and assigned tools.
• Turning in daily activity sheets.
• Comply with all aspects of the Employee Handbook, Installation Handbook, Tech Ops Operating Procedures, and all other Policies & Directives.
• Handles other duties relative to the job as assigned by management.
• Follows and maintains proper safety practices.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
PRIOR RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Experience installing audio-visual, teleconferencing, corporate video, control systems and related systems preferred
EXPERIENCE IN USE OF SPECIFIC EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, WORK AIDS:
• Experience using hand tools of the A/V and electronic related trades is a plus. This is inclusive of, but not limited to, wire strippers and crimpers for varying types of wire and cable, soldering tools/techniques, construction equipment such as scaffolding, hoists, pulleys, (concrete, brick & block) attachment devices, unistrut steel support, etc.
• High School Diploma or equivalent as a prerequisite.