Summary of Position:
The primary purpose of Engineer is to design and coordinate the installation of the complete refrigeration system for new and remodeled stores and to assist in coordinating the construction process related to refrigeration. The refrigeration engineer reviews all case and lineup changes for stores not under remodel to ensure capacity and compatibility with the current system. The Engineer reports to the Manager of Refrigeration and Design.
· Prepare refrigeration plans including pipe sizing, circuit grouping, equipment selection and specifications and equipment layout.
· Utilize AutoCAD to develop designs for refrigeration/HVAC systems.
· Coordinate refrigeration design with Energy Management and Store Planning departments, and with Architectural and Engineering teams.
· Review, report on and implement new refrigeration and HVAC system technologies to assure optimal equipment selections with respect to energy, environmental, maintenance and cost issues.
· Coordinate and resolve equipment quality, delivery and installation issues with the project manager, purchasing department, vendors and contractors.
· Identify proper sequence of work and temporary connections required to coordinate the refrigeration installation with the construction schedule.
· Research and evaluate new equipment, vendors and contractors for performance, cost and quality.
· Work with vendors to develop good quality equipment that will satisfy performance and merchandising requirements.
· Prepare bid packages including addendums to standard refrigeration and walk-in chest specification to suit the particular requirements of projects
· Purchase refrigeration equipment and sign equipment invoices. Issue equipment requisitions to the purchasing department for large orders.
· Customize line sizing, compressor size, condenser capacity, evaporators and pipe routing
· Investigate changes in system design and make recommendations to Manager of Refrigeration and Design
· Determine field installation quality
· Select contractor or vendor for small projects
· Survey equipment in stores prior to closing or remodel and decide on reusing as is, refurbishing or disposal.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Supervisory and leadership skills
· Customer Focus
· Initiative and motivation
· Strong attention to detail