Storage engineers are responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing Storage, Storage Area Networks, NAS, Storage Virtualization, High Availability, Disaster Recovery, and Networking (Replication and Application Fail-over) solutions. Responsibilities include supporting designs for their environments, performing business case analyses, implementing new solutions and architecting technology refreshes. Designs and prepares technical reports and related documentation.
The storage engineer is expected to be a subject matter expert (SME) in Storage, Storage Area Networks (SAN) and NAS technologies to include design, architecture, capacity planning, systems integration, testing, and implementation. Experience with Storage and SAN management, maintenance, and implementation utilizing EMC VMAX/VNX, Brocade and VMware or equivalents is required. Experience with IBM, NetApp, Hitachi Data Systems and cloud integration is a plus.
At least 10 years of technical experience
- At least 5 years experience designing, architecture, implementing and managing large complex multi-site storage
- Storage and SAN solution integration with Windows, VMware, Linux, and UNIX using EMC, IBM, NetApp, or HDS solutions
- Ability to apply SAN best practice principles to deliver high-quality, cost-effective solutions
- Working knowledge of Backup and Archive technologies
- New technology awareness and research skills are necessary
- Ability to work on project teams, delivering on key project milestones, and communicating effectively with a wide variety of
- Participation in Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing.
- Experience with other storage technology vendors is a plus.