Narrative description of work to be performed and the work environment.
• Senior Systems Engineer Manager
Candidate will provide direct management oversight for Senior, Intermediate and Junior Level Systems Engineers on-sight performing Windows, System Administration, Operations, Storage, Database, Infrastructure and Application server tasks. The work is performed Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays.
Knowledge, Technical Skills, and Ability
Bulleted list of required skills and experience.
Candidates primary responsibility as the Senior Systems Engineering Manager will be to provide the highest quality/availability server environment for the DoD Enterprise to include oversight for Senior, Intermediate and Junior Level Systems Engineers on-sight performing Windows, System Administration, Operations, Storage, Database, Infrastructure and Application server tasks.
Candidate must have knowledge and expertise in the following:
• Operate and maintain special facilities to support research and experimentation with emerging technologies and various training and testing laboratories, and to ensure their integration with existing DoD environments before fielding.
• Determine the source and cause of application software deficiencies within the networked server environment and initiate appropriate action (s) for problem resolution, including communication with vendors, vendors, and HQ.
• Monitor performance of installed AIS and initiates appropriate action to optimize and correct systems shortfalls.
• The vendor shall provide technical guidance to the government in establishing procedures and internal controls to evaluate operational effectiveness of equipment and takes appropriate action to correct unsatisfactory performance.
• Plan, develop, and implement system scheduling standards for use among networked servers, applications and installed hardware/software.
• Provide environmental administration support to include systems administration, applied database administration, and other related services for sponsored initiatives.
• Ensure all maintenance and upgrade functions are performed on each supported platform/ product on a regular basis for optimal performance using Enterprise standard tools for updating and patching.
• Manage and maintain appropriate storage media and provide for appropriate storage, backup and recovery of all OS software, software libraries and files in accordance with disaster recovery and COOP plans.
• Track maintenance support for all hardware and software administered under this contract.
• Manage and monitor at a minimum system logs, data inputs, data validity, database, and file systems growth patterns and trends.
• Provide operational and technical support for design and development activities, programs and projects, and customers.
• Provide technical recommendation and support for introducing new software tools for installing, monitoring and maintaining executive software suites and utilities.
• Research and investigate technological developments in such areas as OSs, and software systems for installing, monitoring and maintaining OSs and executive software.
Desired skills and experience.
• 15+ years of experience in Systems Engineering / Administration Management