Support the new development and maintenance of a diverse set of web applications. Using the Agile methodology work with the Project Manager and development team to prioritize and execute on tasks and development activities within the task tracking system. Help take new projects through the full life cycle of development including defining application objectives, analyzing user requirements, prototyping, development, QA, deployment, and maintenance. Implement code modifications and add enhancements to existing applications.
Update job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products. Present various new technologies for adoption by the development team. Perform code reviews to ensure support existing architecture, follow the defined framework guidelines and coding standards. Support system users by developing documentation and assistance tools and serving as Tier 3 support.
- Develops J2EE Java applications using Eclipse.
- Develops data driven web applications, participating in design and development of new applications and transitioning existing applications to new architectures.
- Integrates commercial and open source products.
- Must possess excellent teamwork skills
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Leverage Adobe Flex technologies for developing rich web based applications.
- Experience developing Java-based web services
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience with Java XML Parsing (DOM, SAX, SOAP)
- Candidates should be innovative, creative, flexible, self-directed, and understand how to design and write elegant, high-performance, reliable and maintainable J2EE/J2EE applications code.
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies, understanding of core J2EE design patterns
Education/ Level of Experience:
- A BS Degree, preferably in Mathematics, Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering
- Training or additional certifications from Sun (Oracle) or Adobe are a plus.