Making the Impossible, Possible
Putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits to our customers, employees, suppliers, subcontractors, and the communities we serve. Our values serve as the foundation of our company, the road map by which we gauge our performance and the benchmark by which we measure our progress. XXX is committed to providing service excellence by applying industry best practices, resulting in reliable, predictable, and consistent results to our customers. We respect our customers, value our employees, and strive to achieve great success for both.
We offer an excellent benefits package including tuition and certification reimbursement, 401k with immediate vesting, and much more! A career at XXXX will present you with opportunities to grow and will help you gain exposure to many different IT environments through our numerous customer sites in the DC and Northern VA area. We continue to grow, why not come and grow with us!
Location: Washington, DC
Clearance: US Citizen or Permanent Resident, must be clearable to Public Trust level
Serve as Technical Team Lead and senior technical expert, leading multiple software development tasks and supervising web application developers. Key responsibilities of the role include: (a) working with stakeholders and developers throughout development to ensure that systems are documented, appropriately designed, and delivered on schedule (b) helping developers break through technical challenges (c) directing technical architecture of solutions and (d) standardizing and improving team processes and activities. XXXXX invites candidates with strong project/team leadership and web development skills to apply.
· 1+ years of hands-on overall web applications development experience with a solid understanding of Object Oriented concepts and strong grasp of Web services
· 1+ years of team lead experience including responsibility for technical deliverables, managing the software release process and directing and mentoring staff to accomplish project objectives
· 1+ years concentrated in core Java/J2EE development.
· development experience with Sybase, Informix, Oracle, or similar RDBMS – huge plus
· development experience with Hibernate, JPA, JDBC, iBatis, or comparable database/ORM interfaces huge plus
· Experience developing for both Unix/Linux and Windows environments
· 6+ years of experience in development and team leadership roles are preferred
· Coordinate with the Contract Project Manager, Government client, contributing organizations, and stakeholders to define projects and monitor from requirements development through completion
· Prepare project plans complete with WBSs and milestones, take ownership of deliverable preparation and submission for all projects, and provide comprehensive weekly and monthly reports depicting an accurate status of all projects
· Thorough familiarity with both waterfall and agile software development
· Conduct comprehensive requirements analysis and prepare technical and functional requirements documents to include RTMs for maintenance, enhancement, conversion, and new development projects and develop additional SDLC documentation such as test plans, deployment instructions, etc
· Demonstrate effective oral and written communications skills with the ability to develop and present comprehensive technical solutions that bridge the gap between business and technology
· Working knowledge or experience with Software Engineering Institute’s (SEI) Capability Maturity Model (CMM) or ISO 9000 documentation and life-cycle policies and PMP desired
· Bachelor’s (BS) degree in a quantitative field such as science, engineering, math, or economics/econometrics REQUIRED