The Project Manager is the single point of responsibility and accountability for his/her assigned Projects starting with the Project Turnover Meeting and ending with a successful COC, Customer Survey and hand-off to the Service Department. Expectations of each manager are systems professionally installed, on time and under budget, resulting in long-term client relationships. The Project Manager must coordinate all resources required for each project including both human resources and material to enable a satisfactory completion of each project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Single point-of-contact for each of his/her projects.
• Provide daily project status updates to folder on company server
• Provide weekly customer project updates.
• Responsible for mobilizing the necessary resources to meet each job’s requirements.
• Responsible for performance in delivering contracted work.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining the necessary relationships for each project
(client reps, contractor reps, managers, engineers and installers).
• Responsible for each project’s ongoing, fully-documented communications between owners, contractor reps, consultants, other trades, installation teams and management.
• Always anticipating, looking ahead for barriers which may de-rail project, developing structures or means to resolve unforeseen problems.
• Responsible for the financial performance of each project from a labor perspective.
• Responsible for coordinating project documentation and conducting system training.
• Accountable for the timely, successful conclusion of all projects.
• Expected to provide management with instant notifications of potentially critical situations.
• Participates in testing and quality assurance processes to assure system meets client needs and corporate standards.
• Responsible for the security, transportation and delivery, with client signature, of all equipment and hardware.
• Responsible for ensuring that hardware requisition/returns sheets are generated.
• Provide accurate information to management regarding the performance of installers assigned to projects.
• Responsible for reviewing timesheets for assigned team members.
• Enforce company approved installation methods and techniques.
• Ensure all work complies with company policies, procedures, standards and conventions.
• Assure each system’s build is in accordance with installation drawings and that red lines are delivered back to the Design Engineer in order to generate as-builts.
• Ensure that travel arrangements have been made for the transportation of Installers when assigned from other regions.
• Ensure all project participants maintain proper safety practices.
• Provide detailed direction and supervision of Installers for assigned projects.
• Handles other duties relative to the job as assigned by management.
• Ensure and achieve the highest level of customer service for each and every Project assigned.
• Obtain a customer satisfaction survey after closure of job.
• Manage sub-contract and vendor relationships according to company policy.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: (per project)
• Design Engineer
• Field Supervisor
• Lead Installer and Installers
• 2-4 year Technical Degree plus 4-7 years project related experience
• PMP Certification desired
• 5-10 years’ experience in the broadcast industry - required
• Equivalent experience in IT/Telecom/Construction industries may be acceptable
EXPERIENCE IN USE OF SPECIFIC EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, WORK AIDS:
• Must be proficient with computers and current business software applications within the MS Office environment, specifically MS Project.
• Experience with AutoCAD and / or MS Visio is preferred.