The Design Engineer is the single point of responsibility for definition, design and documentation of assigned projects. He/she is charged with the responsibility of working with assigned account executives and customers in providing application appropriate, well designed systems meeting the customer’s criteria as well as applying good engineering design practices. He/she is also the interface between Engineering and Installation. The Design Engineer must be capable of translating systems sold into viable designs and become the technical authority on these systems once the Sales Turnover has been completed.
Vice President of Operations, Broadcast Solutions Group
• Manages own time to perform within defined schedule.
• Interfaces with assigned sales staff in developing solutions.
• Interfaces with clients in developing solutions.
• Interfaces with all Tech-Ops and Engineering staff in developing site-specific solutions.
• Responsible for providing initial costing to Sales for labor (Engineering, Programming, Project Management, Pre-install, Installation) with final approval the responsibility of Director of Technical Operations
• Responsible for sales-related CAD documentation for proposal purposes.
• Responsible for developing pre-sale BOM.
• Responsible for providing all needed technical documentation prior to turnover.
• Assists Sales in developing a thorough and concise job scope
• Responsible for seeing that a pre-sale site survey is accomplished.
• Maintain awareness of emerging solutions and technologies that may be applied to solutions
• Provide solutions within the customer’s budget without sacrificing quality and reliability.
• Develop detailed BOM once the sale is completed.
• Ensure BOM total matches client PO or signed agreement/contract.
• Ensure Job Summary is complete and accurate.
• Develop detailed infrastructure drawings for architect, GC and electrical contractor use.
• Develop detailed engineering drawings for rack layout, system wiring and custom plates or cabling assemblies.
• Develop cable pull lists when required.
• Prepare submittals for consultant-specified and bid jobs.
• Assist technicians with field questions and clarifications.
• Assist with rack integration when required.
• Provide testing, commissioning and training services as required.
• Capture field mark-ups to generate as-built drawings.
• Monitor Job Folders to for accuracy, completeness and that all information is up-to-date.
• Perform other tasks as requested by VP of Operations.
• A degree in electrical or electronic engineering is preferable.
• A thorough, demonstrable understanding of systems integration techniques.
• Minimum five (5) years of broadcast engineering experience is required.
• Skilled in the use of AutoCad.
• MS Office – able to use Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access proficiently without training.