The successful candidate will have demonstrated a pattern of technical excellence in delivering software products for the Web. This individual will join a team of highly technical web developers and will work with the stakeholders to deliver on their product vision. He/She will also work closely with our Design, Quality Assurance and Technical Operation teams.
Major Job Responsibilities and Related Duties:
- Build and maintain customized white label LMS websites for our customers.
- Use PHP/MySQL to add functionality to our custom developed LMS, LRS and Lead Generation Platforms.
- Use LESS/CSS to implement the design mockups of new modules for our LMS powered websites.
- Create and modify modules in our Brightspot Content Management System using Java, JSP and FreeMarker.
- Modify legacy .NET/PHP modules and applications.
- Work with third party tools as Google Tag manager, Google DFP, Krux, Gigya and Silver Pop.
- Be part of a lean, fast paced, and highly versatile Scrum team.
- Collaborate with overseas contractor on a regular basis with the option for alternative work hours.
- Consistently deliver a quality work product and work assignments based on established project guidelines and objectives.
- Show continuous personal improvement by expanding industry knowledge and technical skills.
Skills & Requirements
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- 3+ years total relevant experience in software development including
- 2+ years' experience as a PHP developer
- 2+ years' experience with mySql.
- Strong background in CSS/LESS/SASS
- Strong understanding of SCM systems including Git
- Knowledge of OOP including either Java or C#
- Good understanding of Model-View-Controller design pattern
- Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills are required
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
- The primary developer of our LMS platform is based in Cambodia. Initially, this position requires travel to Cambodia for 2 to 3 weeks of introductory, on-site training.
- One-time trip to Cambodia for 2-3 weeks of training.
- Flexibility for on call duties with overseas contractor.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (preferred) or relevant work experience
- MongoDB experience a plus
- Experience with LMS, LRS and CMS systems a plus
- Agile software development experience is preferred