• Delivery of hands on instruction for commercially available but extensively customized software and hardware used for client including current and legacy versions of Microsoft operating systems, current and legacy versions of Microsoft Office,
• Attendance at pre instruction/deployment setup meetings and conference calls locally in Annapolis and in Maryland Judiciary locations throughout the State as needed.
• Providing post instruction/installation/upgrade desk-side support for all users.
• Functioning as liaison between end users and Education Division leadership and designated individuals including help desk team, programmers, analysts, technicians, and project managers.
• Providing phone/Help Desk support as assigned.
• Assisting with all functions necessary to create, edit, modify, produce, and disseminate instructional documentation as assigned.
• Performance of other functions necessary to support the mission of the AOC Education Division.
Resource Management Notations:
• Members of the Education Division team and other key stakeholders must be able to screen and accept or reject all proposed candidates before any work begins.
• All proposed resources must be able to pass the same background investigation process that is conducted for Judiciary employees.
• Face to face meetings with key organization leaders will be part of the proposal screening process.
• As a contracted resource, the Training Specialist will drive their own vehicle when traveling on behalf of the Maryland Judiciary. Reimbursement rates and regulations will be the same as those approved for state employees in the Judicial Branch. An invoice for travel expenses will be submitted to the AOC Education Division.
Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
• Interpersonal skills that include the patience, tact and ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical users.
• Extensive experience delivering customer training programs to individuals and groups of users.
• Ability to identify and assist in troubleshooting user-defined problems.
• Proficiency with current and legacy versions of the Windows operating systems including XP, 7, 8, and others
• Proficiency with current versions of Microsoft Office including 2014 and 365.
• Must have the aptitude to become proficient with commercial and non-commercial software and hardware used by the Maryland Judiciary including, but, not limited to case management software, revenue collection software, personal computers, printers, cash register system components, scanners, and mobile devices.
• Must have extensive experience providing education to adults in a work setting.