Role description below:
Responsible for analysis, design, development, and implementation of new and existing J2EE/Java applications. Must have strong understanding and expertise in J2EE architecture. Familiar with industry leading Java technologies including but not limited to: Struts, JUnit, Hibernate, Spring, Ant, and Maven. Quickly converts new client requirements into practical implementation. The developer will be required to comprehend and maintain code written by previous programmers. Previous experience in Agile development methodology a plus. Previous experience with production system deployment a plus. Needs to be familiar with Oracle database and WebLogic application server; Tomcat web server a plus.
· Responsible for analysis, design, development, and implementation of new and existing J2EE/Java applications.
· Full life cycle development for developing new platform and modules with object-orientated analysis/object-orientated design.
· Build overall system architecture of information system, encompassing external and internal interface analysis and definitions, as well as functional requirement allocations.
· Set up application developing, testing, staging, and production environment with both Tomcat and Oracle Application Server.
· Administer and deploy enterprise applications, configure enterprise environment, and support running applications on existing Application Server platform.
· Source control management with SVN..
· Participate in code reviews and ensure all solutions meet architectural specifications
· Research and update existing systems with the most advanced technology for enhancing the usability, efficiency, and performance of the applications.
· Assist the testing team on technical issues and bug fixing.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to utilize Java technologies, object oriented design paradigm, and Enterprise Application design pattern to convert business requirements into technical solutions.
· Ability to analyze complex problems and create designs using established patterns and best practices.
· Must work well in a team;
· Familiar with Agile development methodology.
· Needs to be familiar with Oracle database and WebLogic application server; Tomcat web server a plus.
· Expertise and experience in MS .NET technology a plus.
· 2 ~ 3 years of full lifecycle software development (SDLC) project experience;
· 2 ~ 3 years of Java development experience in work environment;
· 2 ~ 3 years proven experience in J2EE web application development;
· Experience with web application and web services development;
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems; or equivalent experience.