General Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
* Team leadership, management, and/or mentoring experience
* 5+ years hands-on experience:
* designing/developing software application using Oracle Java, RedHat JBoss, and Oracle MySQL
* designing/developing relational databases and writing SQL queries
* developing technical specifications and design documentation
* conducting unit and system testing
* First-hand experience with all phases of product development lifecycle, including requirement definition, architecture, technical design, development, test, product release, and live operation
* Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a complex and dynamic environment
* Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills; solution oriented individual
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* In-depth knowledge of Java Application Servers (primarily JBoss), in a Windows environment, and the tools used to build application server code (Java, Maven, Eclipse)
* Extensive knowledge of the Spring and Hibernate web frameworks is essential. This also includes using Annotations as most/all of the code is currently using these
* Experience must encompass actual "hands on" updating/changing the current Spring/Hibernate configuration to meet customer needs
* Previous experience with Agile/Scrum schedule deadlines or Iterative SDLCs a must
* This environment requires the individual to adapt and learn quickly in a complex and dynamic environment
* Must have current Top Secret clearance (based on SSBI completed within the last five years).
Clearance must be verifiable in JPAS.
Education and Certifications:
* B.S. or A.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics or equivalent.
* DoD 8570 Certifications required:
* Operating System or Computing Environment Certification