Great client in the Rockville, MD area seeking a Linux Senior Systems Engineer Team Lead that will install new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems. Ideal candidate will performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Serves as a liaison between business users and end users in managing technology resources to meet business demands. Considered as a technical resource for all system-related issues and configuration. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Install operating systems software, patches and upgrades
· Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve system hardware, software and networking issues
· Configure, optimize, fine-tune and monitor operating system software and servers
· Perform system backups and recovery
· Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
· Conduct server builds
· Back up or modify applications and related data to provide for disaster recovery
· Monitor systems for intrusions or denial of service attacks, and report security breaches to appropriate personnel
· Implement technology security measures, such as firewalls or message encryption
· Collaborate with development teams to discuss, analyze, or resolve usability issues
· Document procedures and updates current documentation as processes change
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 6+ years of relevant experience as a Team Lead/Senior Network/System Engineer OR 10 years of IT-related professional experience, including 6+ years of relevant experience as a Team Lead/Senior System/Network Engineer.
· Relevant experience with Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Red Hat Linux/Oracle Linux, Active Directory, and various hardware platforms, including Oracle/Sun, Dell, Cisco and HP.
· Experience in configuring and managing storage solutions including virtualized server environment.
· Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) required
· one more of the following certifications: Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) in Windows Server 2008 or higher and SCCM or equivalent server infrastructure