Proposal Manager in Montgomery, AL or Remote
· The position will participate in all phases of the proposal process, decision to pursue, win and proposal strategy planning, content development, internal review, production, submittal, and performance analysis.
· Will work with all Subject Matter Experts (SME) to develop compliant and responsive proposals with clearly defined win strategies, characterized by a strong and competitor-differentiating proposal.
· The Proposal Manager is primarily involved with writing, editing and conceptual development of graphic content to create compelling proposals; packaging and delivery of the final proposal documents and maintenance of the proposal content library, application of best proposal practices and ensuring proposal process is followed by teams.
· Determines the level of effort and relevance to core competencies for bid/no bid determinations.
· Determines the Pwin and Teammate requirements and drafts bid-no bid documents for the CEO’s approval.
· Identifies and develops requirements questions for clarification
· Identifies risks associated with proposals and mitigation strategies.
· Develops the Basis of Estimate for all proposals and attains buy-ins from all stakeholders.
· Researches and gathers technical information for use in proposal development activities.
· Applies winning proposal concepts, practices, and procedures along with solid writing methodologies to incorporate information and win themes into assigned proposal sections.
· Interviews program managers and task leads, programmers, engineers, developers, and other technical personnel to collect technical and methodology information and incorporate that information into writing winning technical approach sections of proposals.
· Leads/writes sections within the management plan on topics such as staffing, recruiting, transition, reporting, quality management, risk, and key personnel.
· Leads/writes sections within the technical approach on topics such as network administration, software development, system engineering, end user support, help desk operations, and application development. Uses storyboards, templates and follows the Shipley proposal writing standards for readability, consistency and tone.
· Reviews task order RFPs and strategic RFPs to develop proposal plans and kickoff materials,
· Develops proposal outlines, compliance matrixes, and proposal schedules,
· Capability and experience in writing (as well as editing) compliant, credible, and compelling proposal sections, including technical sections, past performance, executive summaries and resumes
· Reviews/rewrites proposal inputs and coordinates with technical and/or management personnel to ensure accuracy
· Copies/edits proposals and related documents for completeness and compliance with editorial standards and for proposal formatting/composition
· Coordinates proposal reviews, ensuring compliance with solicitation requirements
· Attends Industry days and other meetings relevant to the proposal process.
· Maintains the inventory of bid opportunities, go/no go decisions, and proposal wins/losses
· Maintains contract matrix and keeps past performance information up to date.
Senior Computer, Telecommunications Engineering Degree (Master’s degree preferred) with 8 to 10 years of current/recent engineering experience mandatory. Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must have experience in Problem Solving, be Deadline-Oriented and embrace Process Improvement. The candidate must be an exceptional Coordinator, a Strategic Planner, and understand IT Industry and Technology trends. Proposal Management and recent Air Force IT experience mandatory. Prefer candidate with recent Netcents-2 or Allliant proposal experience with a winning track record. Must be a US Citizen and eligible for a Secret Clearance
Montgomery, AL or Remote