Senior Contracts Administrator to be responsible for negotiating and administering various contracts; Serves as formal liaison with customers; Coordinates proposal activities for new business to include both Government and commercial opportunities; Provides advice and support in the areas of intellectual property, export licensing and ITAR related issues Provides risk analysis/mitigation support to the Institute on a variety of contractual issues.
The primary responsibilities of the individual filling this position will be:
• Analyzes RFP/AO/NRA terms and conditions, and provides alternatives as necessary to mitigate risk.
• Coordinates proposal approval process while ensuring compliance with Policies and Procedures for proposal activity.
• Negotiates contracts with proper coordination with management as required.
• Administers assigned contracts, monitoring compliance with contract requirements, resolving issues arising during performance, and addressing scope changes as needed to ensure appropriate contract value and funding.
• Support Institute management in analysis of business opportunities.
• Provide support regarding export licensing, intellectual property and ITAR related issues
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field and have 5-7 years of experience in the contracts/legal field and will need knowledge/expertise in the following areas:
• Knowledge of contract administration both government and commercial
• Working knowledge of the concepts, theories, principles and practices that govern legal and financial transactions, especially as they pertain to Government contracting i.e. FAR and other applicable rules and regulations. Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate contractual agreements.
• Working knowledge of the ITAR regulations and license preparation
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Excel, Word, and ability to learn new systems easily.
• Ability to plan, organize and handle multiple demands effectively.
• Customer oriented