· Prepare refrigeration plans including pipe sizing, circuit grouping, equipment selection and specifications and equipment layout.
· Utilize AutoCAD to develop designs for refrigeration/HVAC systems.
· Coordinate refrigeration design with Energy Management and Store Planning departments, and with Architectural and Engineering teams.
· Review, report on and implement new refrigeration and HVAC system technologies to assure optimal equipment selections with respect to energy, environmental, maintenance and cost issues.
· Coordinate and resolve equipment quality, delivery and installation issues with the project manager, purchasing department, vendors and contractors.
· Identify proper sequence of work and temporary connections required to coordinate the refrigeration installation with the construction schedule.
· Research and evaluate new equipment, vendors and contractors for performance, cost and quality.
· Work with vendors to develop good quality equipment that will satisfy performance and merchandising requirements.
· Prepare bid packages including addendums to standard refrigeration and walk-in chest specification to suit the particular requirements of projects
· Purchase refrigeration equipment and sign equipment invoices. Issue equipment requisitions to the purchasing department for large orders.
· Customize line sizing, compressor size, condenser capacity, evaporators and pipe routing
· Investigate changes in system design and make recommendations to Manager of Refrigeration and Design
· Determine field installation quality
· Select contractor or vendor for small projects
· Survey equipment in stores prior to closing or remodel and decide on reusing as is, refurbishing or disposal.