Outstanding Help Desk Manager opportunity in the Baltimore area with top ranked employer.
Branch Manger for the IT Service Desk. This position is responsible for managing the primary IT support functions and processes including the Service Desk, incident, request, and problem management, operational performance metrics, continual service improvement and desktop services. This individual will develop, implement, and oversee processes to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, consistent service, and quick resolution. This individual is responsible for staffing capacity planning, performance analysis, and developing proactive resolution plans.
• Manage and mentor a team of 10+ staff in support of 600+ employees.
• Ensure consistent, informative and timely response to incidents, service outages, and service requests. Establish service level targets.
• Lead continual improvement of incident, request, access, problem, event and knowledge management processes.
• Establish the Service Desk as the single point of contact for IT services across the organization.
• Ensure that services are delivered across the IT Division according to service level targets.
• Ensure an effective knowledge management process that captures and reuses support knowledge.
• Develop and leverage customer satisfaction, quality, and cost metrics to deliver the right level of service to meet organizational needs.
• Use industry standard key performance indicators to continuously evaluate and communicate service value.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers, ensuring IT service needs are met and issues resolved in accordance with service level targets.
• Work with the IT leadership team to develop strategic initiatives for evolving IT services to meet changing demand.
• Work with the Project Management team to ensure the proper transition of new and modified services to operations.
• Provide service management expertise to other parts of that provide support to the astronomical community.
• Ensure effective use of IT Service Management tools at and maintain expertise in ITSM offerings. Develop plans for upgrading tools.
• Develop and maintain relationships with external ITSM organizations such as HDI.
• Ensure consistent, complete and timely delivery of desktop computing systems for staff.
• Provide IT orientation for all new employees.
• On call after hours for major incident communication and resolution.
Bachelor’s degree with 10 years’ experience in IT operations, including 5 years in a managerial role. ITIL Foundation Certificate required, Intermediate Certificates desired. Skills in managing an ITIL-based Service Desk and leading Service Desk staff including effective mentoring and coaching required. Experience building a highly effective team. Ability to develop and execute IT service support plans across the organization to meet the needs of STScI stakeholders. Excellent ability in written and oral communications. Proven ability to collect and report service metrics, establish service level targets and made informed decisions based on metrics. Demonstrated project management expertise. General knowledge of end user technology solutions including client computing, productivity, networking, and voice. Experience supporting an academic, research-oriented organization desirable.