(1) This position requires extensive knowledge of Java software development and J2EE practices by converting business requirements into deployable capabilities.
(3) Knowledge of interfaces with interview style questions is desired, but not required.
(4) Must have experience with deploying applications with multiple service layers and multiple consuming services.
(5) Previous experience with the Department of Veterans Affairs is a plus.
(6) Agile Team Experience
(9) Experience with decomposing technical tasks and defining level of effort for complex systems
Strong design and development experience is also required. Experience with the following technologies is necessary: JSR 286 compliant Portal Servers, WebLogic Application Servers; Spring 3.0. Develop software solutions utilizing Scrum to incrementally deploy functionality. Expected to participate in functional requirement meetings, stakeholder reviews, and extensive coordination discussions for deploying integrated solutions. Identify technical and functional risks and obstacles that could impede progress. Participate in Sprint planning sessions with the ability to decompose functionality into segments with defined durations.
5 years experience with UML & design patterns
5+ years experience with web services SOAP, REST
8-10 years of Java experience
5 + years of Agile experience
3+ years of enterprise integration patterns
Self starter/high energy, deadline-driven, dependable, and can deliver results with aggressive deadlines.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Fast learner - can quickly come up to speed with different technologies and develop prototypes to prove new concepts.
Proven ability to understand customer requirements
Strong customer service skills
Degree (note if only desired)
Ability to meet the requirements for a position of public trust (Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) or a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) investigation). An existing Federal security clearance is a plus.