XXXXXXXX provides a variety of robust web solutions to the federal government and the DoD. We have an immediate career opportunity for a Web Application Developer with well rounded technical and problem solving skills in support of Multimedia Content Development.
You will be part of a dynamic team supporting some of the most visible web sites in the world, including:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Defines objectives by analyzing user requirements, while envisioning system features and functionality;
- Designs and develops user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle, to include determining design methodologies and tool sets, completing programming using languages and software products, and designing and conducting tests;
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting by studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers;
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities, contributing to team meetings, and troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools;
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products, participation in Educational and Training opportunities for development and broadening of personal skills, and maintain an industry awareness via reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations;
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments;
- Supports and develops junior web application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- a college degree and 4+ years of professional work experience Development/Design/Programming/ Coding of robust and sophisticated web-based applications and solutions, with a focus on Multimedia Content Development;
- An additional 4+ years of relevant professional experience can substitute for a college degree;
- Technical skills should include as many of the following as possible: classic ASP, .NET, SQL Server 2005, and IIS.
- Proven capabilities sought with: Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Software Architecture, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Requirements, Web User Interface Design, Web Programming Skills, Software Debugging;
- Must have excellent Verbal and Written communication skills;
- Ability to take on a Technical Leadership role, as required;
Additional Helpful Skills
- Additional experience with Content Management (CMS), Knowledge Management (KMS) or Learning Management (LMS) applications is a plus;
- past experience supporting large DOD and/or Federal internet/web platforms is a plus;
XXXXXXXX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmation Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.