Systems Engineer Lead Consultant
Location: Ft Meade, MD
Technology Strategy & Architecture: Deliver Technology Advisory and Implementation solutions that extract and maximize business value from IT investments. Encompasses architecture, engineering, and operations services for the IT strategy, innovation, operations, and infrastructure required to deliver efficient and effective platforms fundamental to business success.
The Systems Engineer will perform the following:
- Apply system engineering practices and principles within the Program to integrate within the Enterprise Business Systems architecture.
- Responsible for implementation of the System Engineering Plan.
- Responsible for delivery of the to-be architecture DoDAF products.
- Responsible for ensuring designs are compatible with Client Enterprise System Engineering and Enterprise Management and Support (EM&S) policies, processes and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring technical reviews are conducted in accordance with the System Engineering Plan.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Client software development framework.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the last 8 years in defining and documenting system engineering processes for a COTS/GOTS implementation.
- DAWIA Level 2 SPRDE Certification or INCOSE Level CSEP Certification.
5+ years of the following:
- Experience in applying system engineering expertise to support technical decision-making.
- Experience in reviewing, approving, and/or developing system engineering products.
- Experience in performing/conducting technical assessments, system analysis, requirements management, testing and integration, end-to-end systems integration and other “hands-on” systems engineering support activities to ensure implementation aligns with program architecture.
- Experience in designing and developing strategies and guidance for enterprise architecture and system implementation.
- Experience in building communication networks with peer and customer organizations to assist in development of relationships that satisfy Program requirements.
- Bachelor's degree required.
In addition, candidates will also have the following preferred skills:
- Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- INCOSE certification desired.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is preferred.
Selected Applicants will undergo a security / background investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph required.