Senior Network Engineer. The primary responsibilities of the individual filling this position will be providing leadership, guidance and support of the Client's data network.
• Work directly with staff to design and implement network solutions that support mission, science, and information security objectives.
• Work with datacenter staff to design and implement network solutions that deliver a flexible, scalable, resilient core networking environment, including private or hybrid cloud solutions.
• Work with information security staff to implement new network architectures, defensive technologies, and monitoring solutions.
• Assist in the daily maintenance and problem resolution of voice and data network infrastructure including LAN, WAN, WLAN, WiFi, and VoIP. Serve as a resource for trouble ticket support.
• Modify and update the network configuration for routers, switches, wireless equipment and all related networking and peripheral devices.
• Mentor and guide activities of junior staff.
• Review, audit, and support our all voice and data circuits.
• Hands on experience with:
• Data center network environments, including core, distribution, and access layers
• Private or hybrid cloud infrastructure
• Cisco Switches/Routers (IOS, Nexus)
• Checkpoint Firewalls
• WAN Protocols (BGP, MPLS, IPSEC, OSPF, etc)
• Assist with Security devices (IPS/IDS)
• Collect and analyzing flow stats
• Open-source Monitoring Solutions
• Candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of progressive technical expertise in the networking domain
• Significant experience in the configuration and management of routers, switches, and modern and secure network designs
• Senior level experience managing and trouble-shooting complex network infrastructure in LAN/WAN environment with expertise in routers, switches, wireless, firewalls from Cisco, Checkpoint, etc,
• Must have a good understanding of the MPLS technology and applications such as L3 VPN, L2 VPN and VPLS
• Demonstrated ability and an in depth knowledge of networking architectures
• Proven ability to manage large-scale network projects
• Familiarity with the ITIL and project management practices
• ITIL/PMP/PMI certification is a plus
• Excellent customer service and communication skills