SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Our client seeks a talented Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about building our dynamic next-generation of web-based applications while evolving the current platform.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, creative, and can deliver rapid prototypes for new user interfaces and interactions for various online projects. The ideal candidate will collaborate with business owners to translate complex business initiatives into innovative solutions. A can-do-attitude, with the ability to energize and work with cross-functional teams is required.
• Develop features across multiple subsystems within our applications, including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment
• Provide engineering support (when necessary) to our technical operations staff when they are building, deploying, configuring and supporting systems for customers
• Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications
• Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Analyze, design, coordinate and supervise the development of software systems to form a basis for the solution of information processing problems.
• Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for junior programmers.
• Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
• 8+ years in object-oriented PHP programming
• Over eight years of experience in requirement analysis, design, development and implementation in OOD/OOP technologies
• LAMP application programming/integration experience
• Proficiency in source code management practices, preferably Git or GitLab.
• Understands how to consume REST services utilizing JSON, JSONP, and XML.
• 6+ years' experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture (experience with any or all of the following highly desirable: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
• 8+ years' experience building web-based software systems, utilizing N-tier architectures, dynamic content, highly-scalable approaches, and complex security models/implementations
• Proficiency developing and troubleshooting complex software systems that run in mixed-environments including Linux, Unix and/or Windows
• End-to-end development experience is a must, Ruby experience is a plus.
• Previous experience mentoring junior developers.